Uber held its first all-staff meeting with its new CEO, Dara Khosrowshahi, today.
Recode’s own Kara Swisher hid in the Uber rafters (kidding) and live-tweeted the meeting. Here are a few of the things that were said, and what we learned.
1. Former CEO Travis Kalanick was there, and new CEO Dara Khosrowshahi wore an Uber T-shirt.
2. Khosrowshahi put on a tough-guy image for the staff.
3. We have a start date! Khosrowshahi will start on Sept. 5.
4. Khosrowshahi immigrated from Iran when he was 9. Today, he emphasized to Uber’s staff that the experience has shaped him. One big question: Will his experience change Uber’s relationship with the Trump administration, which has tried to put many restrictions on immigrants coming to the U.S.?
5. Travis is still front and center at Uber. At least for now. Only time will tell if Khosrowshahi will change the culture that has gotten Uber into so much trouble.
This is a Travis remembrance party. Dara says he wants Uberites not to become average. “Retain the edge that made Uber a force of nature."— Amir Efrati (@amir) August 30, 2017
6. There was what seemed to be a surprise announcement that Expedia’s current CFO was going to come over to Uber. But that seems to have been a mistake (or at least Uber wasn’t supposed to break that news yet). Maybe Uber should just buy Expedia, if true?
6. The future of Uber is here.
7. The entire meeting went sexist-gaffe-free, and all is well (for now).
This article originally appeared on Recode.net.