clock menu more-arrow no yes

Revolution CEO Steve Case: The full Code interview video

The AOL co-founder-turned-investor talked about where, geographically, venture capital is flowing and what states are being left behind.

Steve Case, Code 2017 Asa Mathat

Revolution CEO Steve Case said onstage at the Code Conference in Rancho Palos Verdes, California, this week that we should look closer at where venture capital money is going — not to what startups, but to what states.

The investor and former CEO of AOL said 75 percent of VC money went to only three states last year, leaving the remaining 47 to compete for the 25 percent of funds remaining.

“So this feeling people have of being left out and left behind, it’s because they have been left out and left behind,” said Case.


This article originally appeared on Recode.net.

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for The Weeds

Get our essential policy newsletter delivered Fridays.