- Party elites don't really matter, and endorsements are a terrible predictor of primary outcomes.
- Retail politics isn't important, especially in New Hampshire.
- Socialist is a winning affiliation in American politics.
- Gaffes are incredibly important.
- Super PACs don't matter.
- Fundraising doesn't matter.
- Democrats are highly ideological.
- Republicans aren't ideological at all.
- Being a member of the political party whose nomination you're running for confers absolutely no advantage in winning said nomination.