Well, this can’t be good for Samsung.
A Southwest flight was canceled on Thursday after a Galaxy Note 7 overheated as the plane was getting ready to take off. What’s worse, according to The Verge, the phone’s owner says it was not one of the recalled models, but a replacement model with a supposedly safe battery.
“Prior to Southwest Airlines Flight 994 departing from Louisville for Baltimore, a customer reported smoke emitting from an electronic device,” Southwest said in a statement. “Initial reports indicate the device was a Samsung.”
A Samsung representative was not immediately available for comment.
The phone’s owner, Brian Green, told The Verge that he got the device on Sept. 21 from AT&T and it had the markings used for replacement phones. Green said that he dropped the phone on the floor of the plane when it overheated and that a "thick gray-green angry smoke" was pouring out of the device.
It’s the latest in a disastrous period for Samsung, which stopped selling the Galaxy Note 7 worldwide on Sept. 2 following reports of fires caused by overheated batteries in the device. The company eventually formally recalled the million or so devices it had sold in the U.S.
As of mid-September, Samsung said there had been 92 incidents of overheating in the U.S., including 26 people reporting burns.
The company had hoped it had turned a corner, though, after it received clearance to begin replacing recalled phones with a new model with a redesigned battery.
Update: Samsung said it is working with authorities to try to recover the device in question.
“Until we are able to retrieve the device, we cannot confirm that this incident involves the new Note 7,” A representative told Recode. “We are working with the authorities and Southwest now to recover the device and confirm the cause. Once we have examined the device we will have more information to share."
This article originally appeared on Recode.net.