Sarah, Ezra, and Matt take the occasion of the State of the Union to take stock of the successes and failures of Barack Obama's administration — especially his efforts to change politics and rescue the economy. Then they consider Hillary Clinton's latest line of attack on Bernie Sanders and discuss some new research into Obamacare's impact on jobs and hours worked.
As always, you can subscribe to The Weeds on iTunes, rate us there, and reach out with feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matt on how America is doomed to a constitutional crisis
- Vox's State of the Union coverage
- Obama's failed lobbying reform agenda
- Obama's economic advisers' pre-stimulus report forecasting 10 percent unemployment without the stimulus
- Andrew Prokop on why Sanders might win Iowa
- Sarah on Bernie Sanders’s 2013 single payer plan and what Clinton’s campaign makes of it
- John Podesta's tweet about signing up for Medicare
- 2008 Hillary Clinton interview with Kevin Sack on health care
- CBO projections about fewer worked hours due to the ACA
- Travis Kalanick talking about how Obamacare is good for Uber
- Obamacare-loving Tea Party patriot