Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Tuesday gave a campaign speech in which he, among other things, gave out Sen. Lindsey Graham's cellphone number. Trump also called the senator stupid because Graham called Trump a "jackass" for saying Sen. John McCain, who was a prisoner of war in Vietnam, isn't a war hero. (The rant begins around the 23:30 mark in the video above, and the phone number is given out around 26:30.)
The speech is typical Trump, filled with the billionaire playing the victim, presenting himself as the only one brave enough to say the truth about issues like immigration, and conducting personal attacks against other candidates.
Here are some of the most bizarre lines:
- "[My campaign launch] speech got great reviews, fantastic reviews. Everybody thought it was a wonderful speech, a wonderful opening."
- "We need tone. We need enthusiasm. We need tone!"
- "I love Mexico, and I love the Mexican people. I've had thousands of Mexicans working for me. I sell apartments for millions of dollars to people from Mexico. They love me. They love me."
- "China loves me. Who's worse to China than I am? I'm constantly talking about how they're ripping us off and everything else, and yet I just signed a lease with the largest bank in the world from China. I sell apartments for 25, 35, 45, 12, 9 million dollars to people from China. I own a big chunk of the Bank of America building in San Francisco. I beat the people from China. I win against China. You can win against China if you're smart."
- "[Rick Perry] put glasses on so people think he's smart. And it just doesn't work — people can see through the glasses."
- "[Lindsey Graham] couldn't do what you people did. You're all retired as hell and rich. He wouldn't be rich. He'd be poor."
- "I'm the most militaristic person ever."
- "I know crazies, okay? I know crazies."
- "I have many millions between Facebook and Twitter. It's great. It's like owning a newspaper without the losses."
- "If you can't get rich dealing with politicians, there's something wrong with you."
- "If I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world."