Some money changed hands in Silicon Valley this week. Here’s what went down:
- Apple willplunk down $2 billion to reshape a failed manufacturing facility in Arizona into a $2 billion “command center” that will serve as the center of its global data networks.
- Israeli content-marketing firm Taboola raised $117 million in a funding round led by Fidelity Management. A funding round last fall put the company’s value at around $1 billion (per GigaOM).
- Microsoft is planning anacquisition of the calendar-app maker Sunrise, in a deal worth approximately $100 million. In a similar move in December, Microsoft purchased the email app Acompli for $200 million.
- The early-stage venture capital firm Aligned Partners, one of the few VC firms in Silicon Valley led by women, finished a $50 million funding round for its second fund (Dow Jones).
- The makers of the photo-editing app PicsArt raised $10 million from Sequoia Capital, whose partner Omar Hamoui will join the PicsArt board.
This article originally appeared on Recode.net.