Carly Rae Jepsen, shaggy-haired sylph and creator of aggressively pleasant music, was shut out of the Grammy nominations this week. It's a travesty. But there is something the Canadian singer has that no organization — not even the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences — can ever take away from her: our hearts.
This week, we learned that Jepsen's emo-pop banger "Run Away With Me" is on the soundtrack for The Sims 4: Get Together expansion pack, and Jepsen re-recorded the lyrics in Simlish — the tootle-sounding language of the Sims.
"Pooki mah foobie foobie" (translation: "Stuck in my body, body"), she sings.
The whole thing is pretty adorable; it's not hard to picture a 15-year-old Carly Rae powering up her Sony Vaio to play an hour or two of The Sims. Which leads one to ponder:
1) How often did Carly Rae Jepsen play The Sims?
2) Did Carly Rae use cheat codes?
3) Was Carly Rae a "Rosebud" cheater or a "Motherlode" cheater?
4) Which celebrity crushes did Carly Rae port to her Sim neighborhood?
5) Did Carly Rae hire a cleaning lady?
6) Was she a builder or a liver?
7) Did she turn on free will?
8) Did Carly Rae prefer to "woohoo" in the bed or the hot tub?
9) Did she improve her room with plants, windows, or art?
10) Did Carly Rae have a painting goblin?