We made it! Somehow! Anyway, while you were surely having a good time, some stuff happened. Here’s a guide to help you out:
- Just over a year ago, Re/code was introduced to the world. Since then we’ve broken some big stories, reviewed a bunch of gadgets and apps to help you better navigate the messy world of technology, lifted up some great video games, found things that were safer investments than bitcoin and so much more. Here’s to more of the same in 2015!
- Earlier this year, RadiumOne’s board of directors fired then-CEO Gurbaksh Chahal, a result of his conviction for battery and domestic violence. Chahal is back in the news, this time with a bid to buy back his old company.
- Well that was quick: This might be 2015’s first viral video, a widely circulated Vine of an Ohio State student and her alleged side-piece (who it turns out is actually her boyfriend). We wish them the best!
- FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler is expected to unveil his latest proposal for new net neutrality rules, and arguments from all the players involved are piling up. Check out this post to see who’s weighing in.
- The International CES show is upon us. Festivities are kicking off this week, and here’s a guide to help you figure out just what the whole gaudy affair is about.
- The U.S. has pinned the Sony hack on the North Koreans. But what if they didn’t do it? And if they didn’t do it, then who did?
- Social media has changed everything — books, movies, finding a restaurant and so on. But a Pew report says that when it comes to business, email is still king, and American workers probably aren’t going to switch that up anytime soon.
- Re/code’s Jason Del Rey stroked his chin and thought deeply about some e-commerce mega-acquisitions we could see in 2015, and why Silicon Valley companies are clamoring for their own commerce technology.
- Android phones and iPhones dominate the global smartphone market, but Android hardware is lagging by one important measure: Profit! A lot of this is due to trouble at Samsung, sure, but Google and everyone else with skin in the Android game should be getting awfully antsy.
- Amazon’s No. 1 TV show of 2014 was an Amazon TV show. Okay.
This article originally appeared on Recode.net.