Here’s some of what we’re reading up on at Re/code:
- Valleywag’s Nitasha Tiku has a hard time saving money; she blames Kim Kardashian, Uber and Seamless.
- Did you think Silicon Valley was morphing into Wall Street? The Atlantic will set you straight.
- Stories about pro athletes and performance-enhancing drugs are common. But this one, from Matter, involves both Alex Rodriguez and a hyperbaric chamber.
- Sure, OkCupid and Facebook aren’t the only companies experimenting with your life. But that’s not a great defense, Natasha Lennard argues in Vice News.
- Weaponized sound waves aren’t anything new, but a piece in Motherboard raises some scary questions about what governments could be doing with high-frequency sonic blasts.
If you see any stories you’d like to send our way (or have any questions/comments about stories we’ve recommended), feel free to shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article originally appeared on Recode.net.