Good morning! Here’s some of what we’re reading up on here at Re/code:
- Microsoft has been stuck in a rut, and Stratechery’s Ben Thompson has a solution: Forget Windows, and split the damn company up.
- One of the contenders for the “Airbnb Guest From Hell” championship belt: Business Insider says a renter who goes by “Maksym” has apparently been squatting in his host’s condo for over a month and is threatening to sue to prevent his eviction.
- In The Awl, Maria Bustillos flips the bird at Kindle Unlimited, Amazon’s attempt at “disrupting” libraries.
- Every episode of the Simpsons will be going online at the end of August. Grab a Krusty Burger.
- You can temporarily read all of the New Yorker’s archives for free. How will you figure out what to read? Gizmodo has a compilation of their seven best tech stories of the last seven years.
If you see any stories you’d like to send our way (or have any questions/comments about stories we’ve recommended), find us/me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article originally appeared on Recode.net.