For almost a year now, the TSA Instagram account has been reminding its followers what items are strictly prohibited on aircrafts—and in the process pointing out that some Americans just aren't that bright.
TSA agents don't just make travelers' lives difficult for the sake of protecting American skies, they also make tough artistic decisions of whether to use a Lo-Fi or Hefe filter when mocking some of the most ridiculous packing decisions.
This Memorial Day weekend, don't pack anything that could make you the #TSACatch of the week—the 15 seconds of Instafame is not worth making you the most hated person at a packed security checkpoint.
1. No, you cannot bring your six blade throwing star onto an airplane.
2. Pro tip: The next time you fly, leave your 81 pounds of marijuana at home.
3. Why bring bear mace on a plane? You are not going to encounter a bear during your flight.
4. The TSA warns: "If it looks suspicious we take it seriously."
5. No, you cannot bring your stun gun disguised as a misspelled pack of cigarettes onto a plane.
6. Or your iPhone case equipped for a knife fight.
7. Bringing a Samurai sword on a flight is also a bad idea.
8. Tasers are not permitted on aircrafts. Even when they come in the form of pink tubes of lipstick.
9. Novelty alarm clock bombs: good idea for deep sleepers. Bad idea for the Transportation Service Administration.