In February of last year, Oculus VR CEO Brendan Iribe showed off the Oculus Rift headset to Peter Kafka and the crowd at D: Dive Into Media.
Here are a few things we learned:
- The goggles require high-end computing power to work well and it was only possible now because computing power had finally caught up to imagination.
- It is compatible with Android devices, but works better with powerful processors and graphic processing engines.
- Iribe had hoped to someday connect to video game consoles.
- Kafka: “I would definitely not want to be drunk or high doing this.”
- Kafka looked like he was trying out for a role in a remake of The Lawnmower Man.
This article originally appeared on Recode.net.