For many, the biggest draw of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is the first hour of the program, which features a smattering of performances by the hit shows from Broadway.
This year's 88th annual parade will feature show-stopping numbers from A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder, Honeymoon in Vegas, Sting's The Last Ship, On the Town, and Side Show. Peter Pan Live will also be giving us a sneak peak just in time for its debut next week on NBC.
Over the years, the Thanksgiving Day parade has boasted an impressive number of casts singing and dancing their way past the New York throngs and onto live TV.
Here are some of our favorite past performances.
1) The cast of Mary Poppins spelling out "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" with their bodies.
2) The cast of Newsies tap dancing on all manner of stuff during "King of New York"
3) Kristen Chenoweth singing with her buddy Adele Dazeem (Idina Menzel) performing "One Short Day" from Wicked
4) The cast of Pippin doing — well, you'll just have to see this for yourself
5) Xanadu isn't everyone's cup of tea, but Cheyenne Jackson skating around in booty shorts is what the holidays are all about, right?
6) These Broadway kids performing a number from Matilda are everything
7) Did you know Daniel Radcliffe could dance as well as he does in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying?
Finally, this is not a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade performance, but we'd be remiss if we didn't include "Turkey Lurkey Time" from Promises, Promises. How many other songs in the Great American Songbook are about a turkey? Pretty much just this one. And maybe "Turkey in the Straw." Maybe.